Wednesday 29 April 2009

Herbal advice for swine flu




Prevention
Prevention should be aimed at maintaining a healthy immune system. Keeping physical, mental, and emotional stress under control is important, as chronic stress lowers our body’s natural resistance to infection. Get plenty of sleep, drink enough liquid to keep the respiratory mucosa moist and healthy, exercise daily for fifteen minutes or longer, and try to establish a sense of calmness throughout the day. Eating four or five servings of fresh fruit and vegetables per day goes a long way towards warding off Swine flu

Washing your hands frequently is at least as important as a healthy diet and lifestyle as viruses can linger on door handles. Recent research indicated that washing your hands could radically reduce your chances of picking up infections. Encourage your kids to wash hand especially when others are sneezing around them.

Herbal treatment for Swine Flu
Katie the medical herbalist would aim to support the immune system and keep it in optimum condition before there is a pandemic in this country.

There are also some very useful herbal anti virals and immune modulating herbs that can be blended together to make a herbal tincture that would help to support you.

Herbs such as Astragalus, Echinacea, St jonhs wort, Wild indigo, sage and thyme may all be useful.

However it is best to contact your local herbalist who can make up a prescription right for you.
Katie Practices in Grantham and Spalding: Email her on katiedobiesz@hotmail.com for an appointment.

I will be looking at more specific ways to tackle the swine flu in further posts

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yawn

Anonymous said...

My grateful thanks!

I contacted 'flu about four weeks ago. I had the symptoms of swine 'flu but NHS Direct said it wasn't because I hadn't come into contact with any known sufferers of swine 'flu (even though I had been in Inverness and in London among crowds of people). Possibly the government is trying to suppress the true number of people with the 'flu.

Anyway, after a consultation with Katie, she prescribed a 'flu herbal mix which releived the symptoms greatly.

As well as the 'flu I also developed a respiratory condition - a terrible hacking cough and lungs filled with mucous. For this Katie gave me an "infection herbal mix" which was, in my opinion, a wonder cure and got rid of the cough (which had stopped me sleeping) in about a week.

I cannot understand why these cures are not available more widely.

My thanks to Katie for helping me in what was one of the worst bouts of illness of my life.

Andrew Hoyle
Lincolnshire

Anonymous said...

Thanks Katie for all the helpful information. I really enjoyed the website.